- CAROUSEL-carousels have been around since about 500 A.D. when knights used them to practice on. The carousels of the late 1800's/1900's were solid, beautiful wooden machines with hundreds of lights and usually a band organ to provide merry music.
- FERRIS WHEEL-the first ferris wheel was displayed at the Chicago World Fair in 1893, it was built by George W. G. Ferris, Jr. It was 264 feet tall and 250 feet wide. Wierdly, this was the only ferris wheel Ferris built.
- TILT-A-WHIRL-invented by Hurbert W. Sellner in 1926, this ride was an instant success and is still very popular at many parks and carnivals today.
- CATERPILLIAR-this ride has been around since the 1920's where it a staple in every amusement park. Today, there are only about 5 caterpilliar rides operating (disreguard the indoor ones).
- FLYING SCOOTERS-this ride is a classic ride that is becoming more popular today as it was when it was invented. Two passenger cars are suspended from a center arm and swing around with the option of the riders to swing back and forth.
- WHIP-although there were many makers of this classic ride, W. F. Mangels was the most popular builder.